This face wash is pretty fantastic and, unlike big-brand cleansers, it contains no harsh surfactants, so it doesn't strip away our skin's natural oil. Rather, the jojoba oil and castile soap combine to gently remove dirt without drying out your face. It's perfect for those with sensitive or problem skin, dry or oily. The recipe comes straight from my eBook.
You will need:
- 1 8oz bottle — I recommend these.
- a funnel
- 1 cup castile soap — a very mild soap made from olive oil
- 1 tbs jojoba oil or sweet almond oil — similar to our skin's natural oils; it penetrates deeply without leaving an oily residue & is suitable for all skin types
- 1 tsp rosewater (rose hydrosol) — works as an astringent to balance skin; fights acne
- a few sprigs of dried rosemary — rosemary is an antiseptic and encourages cell regrowth
- 11 drops of lavender essential oil — antiseptic, heals blemishes
- 5 drops of tea tree oil — strong antibacterial, disinfects and heals acne
Place the funnel on top of your bottle and add the castile soap, jojoba oil, and rose floral water into the bottle. Remove the funnel and drop in your rosemary, then add the lavender. Shake it up! And that's all there is to it! Be sure to shake well before each use, as your ingredients will separate. As with any new body products, you will likely need to try this out for 2-3 weeks before your skin becomes acclimated to it. I'd love to hear what you think!