Hey there, natural beauty.
I'm Sami Jo.
I founded florapothecarie because I believe women deserve better, cleaner beauty.
It began in 2009, when I looked at the ingredients on my body wash and realized I couldn't pronounce them. Through research, I discovered many were toxic chemicals that disrupt the normal functioning of our bodies and can lead to cancer and birth defects. I tossed all offending cosmetics and began studying herbalism and whipping up natural alternatives.
I use the highest quality natural, organic, and fair trade ingredients in my handcrafted bath, body, face, and haircare products. They contain absolutely no artificial colorants, fragrances, parabens, preservatives, or other toxic chemicals. Nothing you wouldn't find in nature.
the florapothecarie philosophy:
We believe in the healing, calming, and beautifying power of nature.
We believe in using real plant essences, extracts, herbs, and oils,
nothing synthetic and nothing produced by animals.
We believe in taking care of our planet, our animals, and ourselves.
Every product we make is handcrafted with love in small batches.
You’re a natural beauty; keep your beauty natural.™
florapothecarie is committed to the health and future of our planet.
Here's what that looks like:
- We don't use any toxic chemicals in our products, which means they're safe for you and safe for the earth.
- We use glass jars and paperboard containers, which are easily reusable, recyclable, or compostable.
- Our ingredients are sustainably harvested and certified organic or non-GMO whenever possible.
- Our gift & shipping boxes, tissue paper, marketing collateral, business cards, and everything we print at home is made from or printed on recycled materials or post-consumer waste paper.
- All of our wholesale orders are shipped carbon neutral, and you can choose to offset the carbon emissions of your shipping through our partnership with EcoCart.
- We recycle and compost everything we possibly can. We're proud that our recycling bin is usually more full than our trash can!