I can’t say enough in praise of Jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-buh) Oil. It’s a bit more expensive than many other base or carrier oils, but well worth it for many reasons. Here are just a few:
1. Moisturizes everything. Jojoba oil hydrates hair, nails, scalp, and skin. It's great to use on its own or mixed with essential oils and other natural ingredients to make hair balms, serums, body oils, scrubs. (That's why I use it in almost every one of my products!)
2. It lasts forever. Because it's technically a liquid wax ester, jojoba oil does not go rancid like most oils, so it helps extend the shelf life of products containing it. It also provides lasting moisture on your skin because it doesn’t evaporate like water based moisturizers do.
3. It's safe for everyone. Jojoba oil doesn't clog your pores and is hypoallergenic, so those with nut or tree fruit allergies won't have to worry about having a reaction. It can safely be used on the sensitive skin of our face and around the eyes.
4. Anti-aging. This miracle oil is rich in skin-loving, anti-aging Vitamins A, D, E, omega 6 and 9, and high in antioxidants to help smooth and prevent wrinkles.
5. Hair hero. As a natural emollient, jojoba oil moisturizes and provides a shield to keep moisture in, so it'll make your conditioner more effective. Jojoba's antibacterial properties help treat dry, itchy, scalp and dandruff. It also promotes hair growth and boosts shine.
6. Balances oil production. Whether you have dry or oily skin, jojoba oil is a great cure-all because it evens out our skin's natural oil production. It's a key ingredient in my Rejuvenating Facial Serum.
Harness the power of Jojoba Oil with my Rejuvenating Facial Serum. Made with jojoba, rose hip seed, and carrot seed oils to regulate oil production in your skin's sebum, regenerate skin cells, fade age spots, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Essential oils of geranium, lavender, clary sage, and tea tree keep skin clean, fresh, and fight off acne-causing bacteria. Try it in 1oz or 2oz.
The luxuriously creamy Whipped Body Butter combines Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, and Shea Butter for the ultimate skin-nourishing experience, working hard to hydrate even the driest of skin. Unrefined cocoa butter gives it a light and luxurious chocolate scent. Whipped Body Butter is 100% organic, 100% natural, and vegan. It's available in 4oz or 8oz glass jars or get a trial size as part of a travel set.
Jojoba Oil is also a key ingredient in all of my body scrubs. It works alongside coconut oil and certified organic cane sugar or Dead Sea and Himalayan salts to moisturize while it gently exfoliates. Fall is nearly here, so I've been using my Coffee Sugar Scrub, made with Fair Trade coffee beans from A Happy Life. Available in 4oz or 8oz, or get a trial size as part of a travel set.