As if we need any more reasons to love chocolate! We know it's delicious, but did you know it's also great for your skin? Rich in antioxidants, cocoa powder has many beauty benefits.
1. Repairs skin. Pure cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants, omega 6 fatty acids, vitamin C, and magnesium, which all work together to fight off free radicals, heal damaged skin, repair + renew skin cells, and reduce lines and wrinkles. These are all reasons why it's the key ingredient in my Chocolate Mask.
2. Prevents sun damage. Polyphenols — a type of antioxidant found in cocoa powder — absorb UV rays and help ward off skin cancer. Polyphenols are best absorbed through drinking, so add a spoonful of cocoa powder to your coffee or make natural hot chocolate. But cocoa powder is not a replacement for sunscreen.
3. Fights premature aging. In addition to healing, the free-radical-fighting antioxidants in cocoa powder also protects skin against premature aging.
4. Softens + moisturizes. Raw cocoa powder is a gentle exfoliant for dry skin, and also helps skin and hair retain moisture and softness.
5. Firming. The caffeine and theobromine found in cocoa powder break down fats and drain fatty cells. This process reduces puffiness and firms skin.
6. Reduces cellulite. Caffeine and theobromine also make cocoa powder an effective natural cellulite treatment.
7. Promotes healthy hair. The sulfur in cocoa powder promotes shinier, softer hair. It can also be used as a hair rinse to naturally darken hair.
In my Chocolate Mask, I've combined antioxidant-rich, certified organic cocoa powder with dehydrated coconut milk and kaolin clay to gently exfoliate, smooth and hydrate your skin. Because you only need about a tsp for each use, this 2oz mask will last you a while! You can also try it as part of a Facial Care Set or a Deluxe Travel Gift Set.