Shea butter is well-known as a moisturizer for even the driest skin, which is why it's a key ingredient in my Whipped Body Butter. But it's good for more than moisture, too!
Here are a few reasons to love Shea Butter:
1. Non-comedogenic. Shea butter does not clog the pores, so it's safe to use on the face, and on oil or acne-prone skin.
2. Antibacterial + antimicrobial. Because Shea butter helps prevent bacterial infection, it's an important and effective addition to my Deodorant Cream.
3. Heals scars + stretch marks. The presence of vitamins A and E in Shea butter strengthen your skin and help it repair damage, which is why so many pregnant women swear by it during their pregnancy.
4. Intensely moisturizing. The high concentration of skin-loving natural vitamins (A, E, F, and K) and fatty acids in Shea butter make it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing.
5. Eczema relief. Because it's packed with essential vitamins, Shea Butter is a great treatment for Eczema, contact dermatitis, and other skin irritations.
6. Reduces inflammation. Scientific studies have found eight components in Shea butter that "exhibited marked anti-inflammatory activity" (source).
Pure, unrefined, organic Shea Butter is one of the four ingredients in my fan-favorite super-hydrating Whipped Body Butter, combined with Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, and Cocoa Butter. Whipped Body Butter is 100% organic, 100% natural, and vegan. It's available in 4oz or 8oz glass jars, or you can grab a trial size as part of a travel set.
You'll also find Shea Butter in my five-star Deodorant Cream, to help keep your pits free of bacteria!